Joint Venture Opportunities
Joint Ventures as the phrase connotes involves a process where two persons (natural and artificial) take the form of a short term partnership in which the persons jointly undertake a transaction for mutual profit. Generally each person contributes assets and share risks. Like a partnership, joint ventures can involve any type of business transaction and the “persons” involved can be individuals, groups of individuals, companies, or corporations.
UACN Property Development Company Plc (UPDC) is a property developer and has been involved in developing commercial and residential properties for decades! However, one of the thrust of the company is partnering with persons (natural and artificial) in developing cutting edge commercial and residential apartments and has actually been doing this for a while.
Part of the opportunities that may accrue to the Joint Venture partner include but not limited to;
- Taking advantage of UPDC’s existing infrastructure and Intellectual capital developed over the years
- Utilizing the benefits of the huge customer base and market reach
- Leveraging on the credibility and goodwill of UPDC
- Accessing good interest rates from reputable financial institutions and improving access to financial resources
- Economies of scale and advantages of size
- Access to innovative and managerial practices
- Competitive goals, Speed to market and improved agility
- Creation of stronger competitive units
These and others are just a few examples of the tangible and intangible assets that can be gained by participating in a Joint Venture with UPDC. There are certainly many more, but ultimately it’s all about leveraging!